Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Day of Hope... Not fear

Today, August 19th, is International Day of Hope - breaking the silence about pregnancy/infant/child loss. One of the goals is to raise awareness of the many Neural Tube Defects that can be fatal (like Brody's). Another is to make those who have experienced a loss or are anticipating one, and perhaps been afraid to share, aware of the many resources out there. I would say - be courageous and share your experience! It is healing and you don't know how it might help someone else. 
My own goal in all this is to encourage all who have walked this road of loss, to not live in fear. When you lose a child your world suddenly gets opened to all the devastating possibilities that COULD happen if you try again. You meet people who've had various diagnoses that lead to loss and it CAN consume you with fear. Fear that you'll lose another, or fear that you'll never conceive again. I have to battle this every day.
I must re-read various verses like:
1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 
Isaiah 41:10, 13 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand... For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."
2 Timothy 1:7 "for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."
And so many others. 
Share, be vulnerable, relate with one another, and move forward in love, not mastered by fear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment