Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A moment to remember from May 5th, 2014

Another old Facebook post:

God never ceases to amaze me. You all have seen me post cute little things about the Walton's youngest son Caeson that I get to watch a few days a week. For today's #BrodyBits #Memory Monday I have to tell you how God has ministered to my heart through a three year old. 

I've had the opportunity to watch him since he was 7 or 8 weeks old. After we received Brody's diagnosis, and that again after Brody was born, I feared that it would be difficult to watch Caeson while I grieved. His parents did too and were very gracious in giving us time. God took my fears though and redeemed them to actually comfort and heal my broken heart. While other situations with kids such as Awana and sometimes my piano lessons have been difficult to face, rarely has this been difficult.

It's been interesting to watch the innocence of a three year old through this whole journey. I've been able to talk to him about God, heaven, and the value of life. We talked to Brody in the womb, about knowing and trusting God, about how Jesus died on the cross for us and rose again, about how in doing so He made a way for us to go to heaven... where Brody is now waiting for us. We've talked about how we have to trust Jesus and give Him our heart... so many great things that I pray have planted seeds in Caeson's little heart and mind. 

Today while playing with toys Caeson was singing "Jesus love me". I stopped what I was doing and just smiled and listened. Then Caeson said to himself, "I'm singing for Brody, he will like that. I miss him." Aww! How sweet! Earlier this morning I had to clarify that Brody was a person - not a puppy. To help him understand who Brody is we talked about how Brody grew in my belly just like he did in him mommy's, and just like cousin Lincoln with Aunt Haley, and cousin Owen with Aunt Holly. I could tell it clicked. Perhaps Brody's short life will be remembered someday when Caeson is older and he considers whether to give his life to Christ or not. Perhaps that little seed will sprout and grow and Brody will inspire him, and YOU, to give your life to Jesus, trust Him, follow Him, serve Him, and most of all - love Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment